We decided to go hike up Providence Canyon in Cache Valley. There are a couple of waterfalls. Here’s what went wrong:
- The bumpy dirt road upset my oldest child. And one of our back tires has been rather low since we got back.
- After the bumpy road, we parked and got out to hike. It turns out that Henry didn’t have shoes. He piggybacked on Joe.
- We picked a steep path to go up to the waterfall (there is an easier way we didn’t find until the way down).
- We walked up the very slippery snow so we could get to the base. On the way back, Peter and I both fell down. I hit my tailbone hard and it still hurts five days later.
- Hurtin your tailbone is quite literally a pain in the butt. Don’t do it. Don’t climb up slippery snow. Go around, or just enjoy the view from a distance.